Job holders in this unit group plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the administration, support systems and activities that facilitate the effective running of a university, college or other educational establishment.
Current Entry Requirements
Entrants usually possess a degree or equivalent qualification and have gained significant relevant experience in the field of education. Specialist training courses and professional qualifications are available.
Typical education level:Level 4-6
- Considers staffing, financial, material and other short- and long-term needs.
- Arranges for evaluation of management, accounting, information storage and retrieval and other facilities.
- Provides administrative support to the academic team.
- Leads or contributes to decision making processes regarding curricula, budgetary, disciplinary and other matters.
- Controls administrative aspects of student admission, registration and graduation.
- Acts as secretary to statutory and other bodies/committees associated with the educational establishment.
- Drafts and interprets regulations and deals with queries and complaints procedures.
- Organises examinations, necessary invigilations and any security procedures required.
- Arranges for the preparation and publication of syllabuses and other official documents.
- Assists with recruitment, public relations and marketing activities.
- Coordinates and maintains quality assurance procedures.
related to this Career
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in Public ServicesFTLevel 52 Years
- BA (Hons) in Public Services Management (Top-Up Degree)FTLevel 61 Year
- BTEC Level 1 Diploma in Public ServicesFTLevel 11 Year
- Diploma in Education and TrainingPTLevel 52 Years
- Level 3 Award in Education and TrainingPTLevel 316 - 20 Weeks
- Subject AreaBusiness
- Subject AreaFoundation Learning
- Subject AreaHigher Education
- Subject AreaLeadership and Management
- Subject AreaTeacher Training
- Subject AreaVocational