Professional sportsmen and women train and compete, either individually or as part of a team, in their chosen sport for financial gain.
Current Entry Requirements
No academic qualifications are required. Entry is based upon talent that can be further developed through coaching and training.
Typical education level:Level 1-3
- Participates in exhibitions, pre-qualifying events, tournaments and competitions.
- Attends training sessions to develop skills and practice individual or team moves and tactics.
- Builds stamina, physical strength and agility through running, fitness exercises and weight training.
- Maintains clothing and other specialised sporting equipment.
- Discusses performance problems with coaches, physiotherapists, dieticians and doctors.