Telephone salespersons obtain, receive, process and record telephone orders for goods and services.
Current Entry Requirements
Academic qualifications may be required. Training is typically received on-the-job, supplemented by short courses in practical skills. NVQs/SVQs in Selling are available at Levels 2 and 3.
Typical education level:Level 1-3
- Learns about the product(s)/service(s) to be sold.
- Telephones potential customers, explains purpose of call, discusses their requirements and advises on the goods/services being offered.
- Quotes prices, credit terms and delivery conditions and records details of orders agreed.
- Receives orders for goods/services by telephone and records relevant details.
- Arranges despatch of goods and services, information and/or brochures to customers.
- Maintains record of sales statistics, customers contacted and changes to customer details.
related to this Career
- Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3) in Customer ServiceFTLevel 318 - 24 Months
- Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2) in Customer ServiceFTLevel 212 - 18 Months
- Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2) in SalesFTLevel 212 - 18 Months
- Subject AreaApprenticeships
- Subject AreaBusiness
- Subject AreaVocational