Travel agency managers and proprietors plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the resources and activities of travel agencies and booking offices.
Current Entry Requirements
Entry is most common with GCSEs/S grades but is possible with other academic qualifications and/or relevant experience. Off- and on-the-job training is available. BTEC/SQA awards and NVQs/SVQs at Level 3 are available.
Typical education level:Level 1-3
- Plans work schedules and assigns tasks and responsibilities.
- Co-ordinates the activities of clerical, secretarial and other staff.
- Discusses clients' requirements and advises on road, rail, air and sea travel and accommodation.
- Makes and confirms travel and accommodation bookings, arranges group holidays, tours and individual itineraries.
- Advises on currency and passport/visa regulations and any necessary health precautions needed.
- Determines financial, staffing, material and other short- and long-term needs.