Travel agents advise travellers upon travel arrangements, make bookings and receive payment for travel arrangements made.
Current Entry Requirements
There are no formal academic entry requirements, although many employers require entrants to possess GCSEs/S grades. Off- and on-the-job training is usually available. NVQs/SVQs in travel services at Levels 2 and 3, BTEC, apprenticeships and higher level qualifications are available.
Typical education level:Level 1-3
- Discusses client requirements and shows brochures containing suitable packages.
- Establishes availability with tour operators and makes bookings.
- Consults travel time-tables, books travel tickets and accommodation.
- Handles cash, debit and credit card payment.
- Informs client of any changes in travel arrangements.
- Advises on issues of currency, passports, visa requirements, insurance, car hire, vaccinations and other health precautions.