TV, video and audio engineers service and repair domestic television, video and audio appliances.
Current Entry Requirements
Entrants typically possess GCSEs/S grades or an equivalent qualification such as an Intermediate GNVQ/GSVQ Level II. Training is provided off- and on-the-job and may be supplemented by short courses delivered by manufacturers. NVQs/SVQs in Domestic Appliance Engineering are available at Level 3.
Typical education level:Level 1-3
- Examines equipment and observes reception to determine nature of defect.
- Uses electronic testing equipment to diagnose faults and check voltages and resistance.
- Dismantles equipment and repairs or replaces faulty components or wiring.
- Re-assembles equipment, tests for correct functioning and makes any necessary further adjustments.
- Carries out service tasks such as cleaning and insulation testing according to schedule.