Jobholders in this unit group design, develop and maintain websites to meet a client’s specified requirements.
Current Entry Requirements
Entrants usually possess a degree or equivalent qualification, although entry with other academic qualifications and/or significant relevant experience is possible. There is a variety of relevant vocational, professional and postgraduate qualifications available.
Typical education level:Level 4-6
- Liaises with internal/external client in order to define the requirements for the website.
- Presents design options to the client.
- Designs web pages including graphics, animation and functionality to maximise visual effectiveness and facilitate appropriate access.
- Develops the website and applications.
- Designs and develops web interfaces for relational database systems.
- Establishes methods to ensure appropriate website security and recovery.
- Writes and publishes content for the website.
- Tests website interaction and performance prior to going .
- Activates the website.