The BSc (Hons) Applied Sports Science provides progression for students who have previously achieved a Foundation Degree or equivalent in a related area.
This programme aims to further extend your professional, academic, and applied knowledge and expertise in order to enable progression into postgraduate study or employment.
Validated by Loughborough University
You will be taught by a team of experienced academics, who have applied experience and are specialists in their chosen disciplines. You are encouraged to become an independent and self-motivated learner in order to achieve your potential during your final year of undergraduate study.
A core of applied sports science is complemented by an extensive range of modules in all disciplines, including physiology, biomechanics, nutrition, health, and psychology, where you will be able to develop applied practice in a range of learning environments and assessments. You will also have the opportunity to conduct your own research project which will allow you to explore an area of personal interest.
We have an excellent support system whereby you will meet your Academic Tutor in your first week of induction. They will work closely with you throughout the duration of your programme to support your development and track your academic progress, ensuring that you achieve your personal best.
Students must complete 120 credits
- Research Project (40)
- Employability Skills (10)
- Sports Science Support (20)
Semester 1 (Max of 4 modules to be selected)
- Applied Strength and Conditioning (10 credits)
- Applied Sport Psychology (10 credits)
- Applied Performance Analysis (10 credits)
- Nutrition for Sports Performance (10 credits)
- Applied Biomechanics (10 credits)
- Issues in Health and Elite Sport (10 credits)
- Physical Activity and Health Promotion (10 credits)
- Applied Sport and Exercise Physiology
- Nutrition for Sports Performance
- Physical Education and Teaching
- You'll have the opportunity to apply to present your research at the annual Student BASES Conference.
- Access to a range of applied sports science placements and internships.
- 55% from Year 2/Part B of a Foundation Degree
- Eight Distinctions from an HND
UCAS code: C601
Regular group work and research are key features of the programme, where you will gain communication, teamwork, and analytical skills to enhance your transition into employment or postgraduate studies. We work with you to build your CV and consider career options from the start of the year.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.
Find out more
at an Open Day
It's great to read about a college and what it has to offer but there's really no substitute for experiencing it at an Open Day.
At our Open Days, our expert staff are on hand to tell you about our courses and what careers they lead to.
They'll also guide you through our application process, explain the different kinds of support available, and talk to you about the huge variety of enrichment activities that you can be part of.
With opportunities to talk to our current students, as well as take part in tours of our campus and halls of residence, an Open Day really is the best way to get a feel for what it's like to be a Loughborough College student.