This three-year degree programme combines the study of sports science and management and is ideal for those individuals interested in adding breadth to their sports-based study. Studying a broad range of modules in the core sports science disciplines of physiology, psychology and sociology, along with essential management subjects including marketing, sports development and business enterprise, enables you to pursue your interests in both areas.
Validated by Loughborough University
Your learning will include lectures, seminars, online activities, workshops, practical tasks, laboratory skills, peer-group learning and independent study. Particular attention is paid to developing learning and academic skills required for success in higher education, such as becoming an independent, self-motivated learner. Assessments include exams, essays, projects, presentations and reports. Such diversity will allow you to experience various modes of academic and professional practice, refining your skills for your next steps. We also have an excellent support system, whereby you will meet your academic tutor in your first week of induction. They will work closely with you throughout the duration of your programme, supporting your development and tracking your academic progress to ensure that you achieve your best.
All modules are 20 credits unless otherwise stated.
- Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Research and Academic Skills
- Human Physiology
- Introduction to Sports Management
- Fitness Training and Testing
- Sociology of Sport
- Employability and Placement
- Research Methods
- Sports Development Planning & Practice
Optional Modules (select modules):
Contemporary Issues in Sport OR Psychology of Sport Performance
Sport and Exercise Physiology OR Strength and Conditioning
- Research Project (40 credits)
- Business Enterprise
- Strategic Management
- Applied Sport Psychology OR Applied Sport and Exercise Physiology
- Issues in Health and Elite Sport
- Physical Activity and Health
*Modules may be subject to change
- Off-site induction and teambuilding trips
- Opportunity to apply to present research at and attend the annual Student BASES Conference
- Gain work experience placements through the Loughborough Sport Coaching and Volunteering Academy, including sports science support, and events management
- Additional qualifications, workshops and courses, including coaching courses, first aid, safeguarding, and ILM Certificate and Level 5 Award in Leadership and Management
- Full support to develop your own business idea via the Young Enterprise Start-Up Programme
- Compete for Loughborough University in BUCS competitions
UCAS code: C605
Graduates have developed careers in the sports industry and beyond, including graduate schemes, business management, local authority sports development, and sports agency projects. Students have also chosen to study at master’s (MSc/MA) level.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.
Company: Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
Find out more
at an Open Day
It's great to read about a college and what it has to offer but there's really no substitute for experiencing it at an Open Day.
At our Open Days, our expert staff are on hand to tell you about our courses and what careers they lead to.
They'll also guide you through our application process, explain the different kinds of support available, and talk to you about the huge variety of enrichment activities that you can be part of.
With opportunities to talk to our current students, as well as take part in tours of our campus and halls of residence, an Open Day really is the best way to get a feel for what it's like to be a Loughborough College student.