This three-year degree programme combines the study of sports science and management and is ideal for those individuals interested in adding breadth to their sports-based study. Studying a broad range of modules in the core sports science disciplines of physiology, psychology and sociology, along with essential management subjects including marketing, sports development and business enterprise, enables you to pursue your interests in both areas.
Your learning will include lectures, seminars, online activities, workshops, practical tasks, laboratory skills, peer-group learning and independent study. Particular attention is paid to developing learning and academic skills required for success in higher education, such as becoming an independent, self-motivated learner.
You will also develop your entrepreneurial skills by being supported in groups to start your own business in partnership with the Young Enterprise Start Up programme.
Assessments include exams, essays, projects, presentations and reports. Such diversity will allow you to experience various modes of academic and professional practice, refining your skills for your next steps.
You will have access to an Academic Tutor who will work with you throughout the duration of your programme, supporting your development and tracking your academic progress.
Our subject specialist staff will deliver highly engaging and interactive, practical and theory sessions in line with their personal expertise and research activities.
- Introduction to Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Research and Academic Skills
- Introduction to Sports Management
- Sociology of Sport
- Introduction to Physical Activity and Health Promotion
- Principles of Teaching and Coaching
- Development of Modern Sport
- Foundations of Sport and Exercise Science
- Employability and Placement
- Research Methods
- Sports Development Planning and Practice
- Organisation and Management
- Contemporary Issues in Sport
- Sports Biomechanics
- Sports Nutrition
- Pedagogy in Sport and Physical Education
- Issues in Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Physical Activity and Health Promotion
- Sport and Exercise Physiology
- Talent Identification and Development
- Strength and Conditioning
- Research Project
- Business Enterprise
- Strategic Management
- Global Sports Marketing
- Physical Education and Teaching
- Applied Performance Analysis
- Performance Nutrition
- Applied Sports Psychology
- Advanced Topics in Exercise and Health Physiology
- Issues in Health and Elite Sport
- Advanced Topics in Physical Activity and Health Promotion
- Applied Sports Biomechanics
- The International Business of Sport
- Applied Strength and Conditioning
- Sports Policy and Governance
- Advanced Topics in Exercise Psychology
- Performance Physiology
96 UCAS points.
GCSE or equivalent English Language and maths at grade 4/C or above.
Students who have completed/ are completing an HND or Foundation Degree may be eligible to enter the programme in year 3. Students in this position should apply through UCAS and select year of entry ‘3’.
Graduates have developed careers in the sports industry and beyond, including graduate schemes, business management, local authority sports development, and sports agency projects. Students have also chosen to study at master’s (MSc/MA) level.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.