This programme combines the study of sports science and management and is ideal for those individuals interested in adding breadth to their sports-based study. Studying a broad range of modules in the core sports science disciplines of physiology, psychology, and sociology and essential management subjects, including marketing, sports development and business enterprise, enable you to pursue your interests in both areas. Additionally, you will develop a multitude of skills that are academic, commercial, and vocationally sought after.
Aiming to further extend your professional knowledge and academic skills, this programme develops your expertise and prepares you for a management career in sport.
Validated by Loughborough University
Renowned for our provision of high-quality teaching, your teaching staff are practised experts, industry professionals, and specialists within their field who will encourage you to become part of our diverse and exciting sporting community at the College. Your learning will include lectures, seminars, online activities, workshops, practical tasks, laboratory skills, peer-group learning and independent study. Particular attention is paid to developing generic learning and academic skills required for success in Higher Education, including becoming an independent and self-motivated learner; attributes particularly poignant for your final year.
Assessments include a range of strategies such as exams, essays, projects, presentations, and reports. Such diversity will allow you to experience various modes of academic and professional practice, developing and refining your skills in preparation for your next steps.
We have an excellent support system whereby you will meet your Academic Tutor in your first week of induction. They will work closely with you throughout the duration of your programme, supporting your development and tracking your academic progress, to ensure that you achieve your personal best.
All modules are 20 credits unless otherwise stated.
- Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Research and Academic Skills
- Human Physiology
- Introduction to Sports Management
- Fitness Training and Testing
- Sociology of Sport
- Employability and Placement
- Research Methods
- Sports Development Planning & Practice
Optional Modules (select modules):
Contemporary Issues in Sport OR Psychology of Sport Performance
Sport and Exercise Physiology OR Strength and Conditioning
- Research Project (40 credits)
- Business Enterprise
- Strategic Management
- Applied Sport Psychology OR Applied Sport and Exercise Physiology
- Issues in Health and Elite Sport
- Physical Activity and Health
*Modules may be subject to change
- Off-site induction and team building trips
- Students have the opportunity to apply to present their research at the annual Student BASES Conference
- Delegate attendance at the annual BASES conference
- Opportunity to gain work experience placements through the Loughborough Sport Coaching and Volunteering Academy including sports science support and events management and marketing.
- Additional funded qualifications, workshops and courses including coaching courses, first aid, safeguarding and industry recognised qualifications such as ILM.
- Range of placements and internships during your study
- Gain full support to develop your own business idea via the Young Enterprise Start-Up Programme.
UCAS code: N222
Regular group work and research are key features of the programme where you will gain communication, teamwork, and analytical skills to enhance your transition into employment or postgraduate studies. We work with you to build your CV and consider career options throughout your programme.
Recent graduates have developed flourishing careers in business management, local authority sports development, and sports agency projects. Others gain employment both within the sports industry and beyond including graduate schemes in large organisations. Students have also progressed on to study at master’s (MSc/MA) level.
Company: MÃ¶lnlycke Health Care
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.
Find out more
at an Open Day
It's great to read about a college and what it has to offer but there's really no substitute for experiencing it at an Open Day.
At our Open Days, our expert staff are on hand to tell you about our courses and what careers they lead to.
They'll also guide you through our application process, explain the different kinds of support available, and talk to you about the huge variety of enrichment activities that you can be part of.
With opportunities to talk to our current students, as well as take part in tours of our campus and halls of residence, an Open Day really is the best way to get a feel for what it's like to be a Loughborough College student.