Blended learning provides the perfect combination of online/distance learning and contact day attendance, which is ideal for those balancing their studies alongside other professional or sporting commitments.
The programme provides opportunities to develop your teaching and coaching skills. You will cultivate a knowledge and understanding of the disciplines underpinning effective sports coaching and performance for different ages and abilities. You will put your theory into practice through applied
Validated by Nottingham Trent University
Renowned for our provision of high-quality teaching, your learning will include online lectures, seminars, and activities, as well as coaching practice and independent study.
Assessments include a range of essays, projects, presentations and reports. Such diversity will allow you to experience various modes of academic and professional practice, developing your abilities and refining your skills in preparation for your next steps.
We have an excellent support system in place. Academic tutors will work closely with you throughout the duration of your programme, supporting your development and tracking your academic progress to ensure that you achieve your personal best.
- Applied Coaching Theory (20)
- Coaching Practice and Placement (20)
- Understanding Research (20)
- Technical and Biomechanical Analysis of Sport (20)
- Physiology of Fitness Training for Coaching (20)
- Principles of Pedagogy and Physical Education (20)
- Athlete Welfare and Safeguarding (20)
- Psychology for Coaches (20)
- Leadership in the Sport Industry (20)
- Work Based Experience and Project (40)
- Foundations of Effective Practice (20)
- Advanced Coaching Practice (20)
- Teaching Strategy: Pedagogy in Practice (20)
- Tactical Analysis of Sport (20)
- Managing Sports Development (20)
- Research Project (40)
- 72 UCAS points, including GCSE English and Maths (level 4 or above)
UCAS code: C615
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.
Find out more
at an Open Day
It's great to read about a college and what it has to offer but there's really no substitute for experiencing it at an Open Day.
At our Open Days, our expert staff are on hand to tell you about our courses and what careers they lead to.
They'll also guide you through our application process, explain the different kinds of support available, and talk to you about the huge variety of enrichment activities that you can be part of.
With opportunities to talk to our current students, as well as take part in tours of our campus and halls of residence, an Open Day really is the best way to get a feel for what it's like to be a Loughborough College student.