Blended learning provides the perfect combination of online/distance learning and contact day attendance, which is ideal for those balancing their studies alongside other professional or sporting commitments. The programme allows you to develop your teaching and coaching skills. You will gain knowledge and understanding of the disciplines underpinning effective sports coaching and performance for different ages and abilities.
You will put your theory into practice through applied studies, placements and assessments. Renowned for our provision of high-quality teaching, your learning will include online lectures, seminars and activities, as well as coaching practice and independent study.
Assessments include a range of essays, projects, presentations and reports. Such diversity will allow you to experience various modes of academic and professional practice, developing your abilities and refining your skills in preparation for your next steps.
Our specialist staff have developed a range of highly engaging and interactive resources influenced by their research activities and personal expertise.
We have an excellent support system in place. Academic tutors will work with you throughout the duration of your programme, supporting and tracking your academic progress to maximise your potential.
- Fundamentals of Coaching Practice
- Introduction to Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Sociology of Sports Coaching
- Research and Academic Skills for Coaches
- Introduction to Practical and Theoretical Considerations in Sports Coaching
- Injury Prevention
- Foundations of Sport and Exercise Science
- Principles of Teaching and Coaching
- Employability and Coaching Placement
- Coaching Special Populations
- Research Methods
- Pedagogy in Sport and Physical Education
- Contemporary Issues in Sports Coaching
- Acquiring Movement Skills
- Issues in Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Strength and Conditioning
- Sport and Exercise Physiology
- Biomechanics of Sports Injuries
- Nutrition for Sports Performance
- Sports Development in Practice
- Physical Activity and Health Promotion
- Talent Identification and Development
- Research Project
- Coaching Practice and Mentorship
- Advanced Coaching Principles
- Physical Education and Teaching
- Applied Strength and Conditioning
- Applied Performance Analysis
- Applied Sports Psychology
- Advanced Topics in Sports Biomechanics
- Issues in Health and Elite Sport
- Advanced Topics in Exercise and Health Physiology
- Performance Nutrition
- Advanced Topics in Physical Activity and Health
- Sports Policy and Governance
- Advanced Topics in Exercise Psychology
- Performance Physiology
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.
Find out more
at an Open Day
It's great to read about a college and what it has to offer but there's really no substitute for experiencing it at an Open Day.
At our Open Days, our expert staff are on hand to tell you about our courses and what careers they lead to.
They'll also guide you through our application process, explain the different kinds of support available, and talk to you about the huge variety of enrichment activities that you can be part of.
With opportunities to talk to our current students, as well as take part in tours of our campus and halls of residence, an Open Day really is the best way to get a feel for what it's like to be a Loughborough College student.