Blended learning provides the perfect combination of online/distance learning and contact day attendance, which is ideal for those balancing their studies alongside other professional or sporting commitments. The programme allows you to develop your teaching and coaching skills. You will gain knowledge and understanding of the disciplines underpinning effective sports coaching and performance for different ages and abilities.
You will put your theory into practice through applied studies, placements and assessments. Renowned for our provision of high-quality teaching, your learning will include online lectures, seminars and activities, as well as coaching practice and independent study.
Assessments include a range of essays, projects, presentations and reports. Such diversity will allow you to experience various modes of academic and professional practice, developing your abilities and refining your skills in preparation for your next steps.
Our specialist staff have developed a range of highly engaging and interactive resources influenced by their research activities and personal expertise.
We have an excellent support system in place. Academic tutors will work with you throughout the duration of your programme, supporting and tracking your academic progress to maximise your potential.
- Applied Coaching Theory
- Coaching Practice and Placement
- Understanding Research
- Technical and Biomechanical Analysis of Sport
- Physiology of Fitness Training for Coaching
- Principles of Pedagogy and Physical Education
- Research Methods
- Analysis of Performance
- Strength and Conditioning for Coaches
- Advanced Coaching
- Contemporary Issues in Sports Coaching
- Physical Education and School Sport
- Advanced Coaching Practice
- Teaching Strategy: Pedagogy in Practice
- Psychology for Coaches
- Managing Sports Development Research Project
*All modules subject to change.
Please note modules are currently
being reviewed to ensure they are