This course provides an opportunity for you to extend your Foundation Degree or equivalent to further prepare you for a successful career in coaching, coaching support, or coaching management.
This course includes a blend of pedagogical, performance, and research-based modules, giving you the opportunity to develop your practical and contextual knowledge and reflect and evaluate your own coaching behaviour.
Validated by Loughborough University
The programme uses a range of learning strategies, including lectures, seminars, practicals, workshops, and peer-group learning. Additionally, you are encouraged to become an independent and self-motivated learner in order to achieve your potential during your final year of undergraduate study.
Coaching practice constitutes a large proportion of this programme and provides you with the opportunity to gain feedback from experienced and professional coaches, which will enable you to reflect upon your own coaching behaviours. You will also be required to conduct your own research project which will allow you to explore a particular area of personal interest in the coaching field.
We have an excellent support system in place and you will work closely with your Academic Tutor throughout the duration of your programme. They will be on hand to support your development, track your academic progress, and ensure that you achieve your personal best.
Our courses feature regular group work and research tasks through which you will gain the necessary communication, teamwork, and analytical skills required for future employability within this increasingly thriving sector.
- Research Project (40 credits)
- Employability Skills (10 credits)
- Physical Education and Training (10 credits)
- Performance Coaching (10 credits)
- Advanced Coaching Practice (20 credits)
- Considerations for Coaching Special Populations (10 credits)
- Applied Strength and Conditioning (10 credits)
- Applied Performance Analysis (10 credits)
- Applied Sport Psychology (10 credits)
- Nutrition for Sports Performance (10 credits)
- Applied Sport and Exercise Physiology (10 credits)
- Applied Biomechanics (10 credits)
- Business Enterprise (10 credits)
- Motor Control in Sports Performance (10 credits)
*Modules may be subject to change
- Students have the opportunity to apply to present their research at the annual Student BASES Conference
- Coaching and teaching placements within schools, academies, and university sport
- Funded coaching qualifications
- Coach mentoring programme
- 55% from Year 2/Part B of a Foundation Degree
- Eight Distinctions from an HND
UCAS code: C610
Successful achievement of this BSc (Hons) Sports Coaching will enable you to progress on to study at master’s (MSc/MA) level or you may choose to undertake a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) to become a PE teacher.
Company: Locum People
Location: East Midlands
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.
Find out more
at an Open Day
It's great to read about a college and what it has to offer but there's really no substitute for experiencing it at an Open Day.
At our Open Days, our expert staff are on hand to tell you about our courses and what careers they lead to.
They'll also guide you through our application process, explain the different kinds of support available, and talk to you about the huge variety of enrichment activities that you can be part of.
With opportunities to talk to our current students, as well as take part in tours of our campus and halls of residence, an Open Day really is the best way to get a feel for what it's like to be a Loughborough College student.