This qualification is designed to support learners who wish to study entry level Creative Media Production as a one-year, full-time course alongside undertaking English and Maths.
The Level 1/Level 2 First Extended Certificate and is the equivalent in teaching time to three GCSEs.
Learners will develop a broad knowledge and understanding of, and develop skills in, the creative digital media industry, e.g. moving image, audio production, photography, website design and publishing.
Digital Media Sectors and Audiences
- In this externally assessed unit you will explore the different digital media sectors and the products they produce. You will understand the range of technological platforms used to distribute media, and how each sector has a common production process.
- In this unit you will develop your verbal, written and visual communication skills to enable you to understand the needs of your client and to help you formulate, develop and pitch your own ideas for a media product.
- You will develop an understanding of the legal and ethical constraints within which media professionals operate, including those imposed by a client. You will also learn about employment in the media industry. This will include studying the advantages of different contracts of employment and how recruitment practices are changing across all of the media sectors.
- Digital Audio Production
- Digital photography for a Media Product
- Digital Art for a Media Product
- Graphic Design for Digital Media
- Writing for Digital Media
If you successfully complete this course, you may be offered the option to progress to the L3 Foundation Diploma in Creative Media or Games Development.
<li>Work experience to enhance employability skills</li>
<li>Develop a variety of industry standard skills including camera and sound editing techniques</li></ul>
You will also benefit from a trip to a media institution or museum. We are currently organising trips to the BBC in London to see how TV shows are made and we have already been to visit the Bradford Media Museum, which has a wealth of useful information and exhibitions as well as an IMAX cinema</p>
Four GCSEs at grade D or above, including Maths and English Language
Successful learners on this qualification can progress to a more specialised level 3 vocational or academic computing course, or to a Media apprenticeship.
This qualification will give learners the potential opportunity to progress to employment, or progress within employment in a wide range of job roles across the creative digital media sectors, for example photographer’s assistant, sound recordist, editorial assistant, junior web designer and games tester.
You will learn and use a variety of skills throughout the course, which are in great demand and are recognised and highly valued by employers and colleges.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.
Find out more
at an Open Day
It's great to read about a college and what it has to offer but there's really no substitute for experiencing it at an Open Day.
At our Open Days, our expert staff are on hand to tell you about our courses and what careers they lead to.
They'll also guide you through our application process, explain the different kinds of support available, and talk to you about the huge variety of enrichment activities that you can be part of.
With opportunities to talk to our current students, as well as take part in tours of our campus and halls of residence, an Open Day really is the best way to get a feel for what it's like to be a Loughborough College student.