This Performing Arts course offers a broad introduction to working in the performing arts sector. You’ll develop your practical performance skills, as well as your understanding of the performing arts industry.
Along with expanding practical performance skills such as dancing, voice and acting, you’ll also learn about performing arts as a business, the production process, professional development, and working in the industry.
The course covers performing arts as a business, the production process, professional development, and working in the industry, as well as solo performance, dancing, voice, and acting.
The majority of the assessed work is based on practical assessments and a portfolio of evidence. Two units are externally assessed.
- Acting Skills
- Dance Skills
- Devising Performance
- Preparation, Performance and Production
- Individual Showcase
- Voice and Speech
- Performance in Context
- Movement Skills
- Performing Scripted Plays
- Performing Arts Industry
- Outstanding rehearsal and performance facilities, including a 200-seat theatre, as well as dance and drama studios
- Industry-experienced tutors
- Opportunities for involvement in performances and exhibitions throughout the year
- Opportunities to book rehearsal and recording studios outside of class times
- Four GCSEs at grade D/3 or above
- A satisfactory personal report, referencing your singing, dancing, and acting abilities.
On satisfactory completion of this course (at Merit level), with passes in all key skills, you can progress on to the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Performing Arts.
Alternatively, you may wish to progress into full-time employment in the performing arts industry.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.