This course is designed for anyone who wants to pursue a career in the engineering industry or who wants to study an engineering-related subject at degree level.
Throughout this course, you’ll gain experience of a wide range of engineering disciplines and cover the subjects necessary to prepare you for the requirements of the modern engineering world.
In your first year, you will complete the BTEC 90-credit Diploma, with the option to progress on to the second year, working to achieve the Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma.
- A Combination of Electrical and Mechanical-biased Units
- Engineering Mathematics
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Modelling
- Engineering Project
- Health and Safety
- Practical Workshop Experience
This course offers:
- access to the best workshops in the East Midlands
- expert, professional teaching staff
- high-quality training programmes
- opportunities for work placements, along with close working relationships with JTL and the AEMT
Learners who achieve a grade A/7 in AS Maths will be given an opportunity to study Maths alongside this course
- A BTEC First Extended Certificate in Engineering at Merit grade, plus GCSE English and Maths at grade C/4 or above OR Four GCSEs at grade C/4 or above, including English, Maths, and a Science.
- Mature applicants with relevant industrial experience are encouraged to apply.
Equivalent to three A Levels, this qualification enables you to study engineering at degree level and provides the basis from which to gain full-time employment in the engineering industry.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.