If you are considering a career in any of the services at officer or technical trade level, this course is for you.
It offers an excellent opportunity to make an informed choice about a leadership career in the Police, Fire, and Ambulance Services, Army, Royal Navy, Royal Marines, Royal Air Force, Prison Service, Security Organisations, HM Customs and Exiles, or the Merchant Navy.
There are over 18 modules covered on the course, including:
- Outdoor and Adventurous Expeditions
- Responding to Emergency Service Incidents
- Planning and Management of Major Incidents
- Physical Preparation for the Public Services
- Fitness Testing for the Uniformed Public Services
- Career Planning
- Leadership and Team Work
- Instructing Physical Activity
The course is assessed continually through a range of practical, hands-on activities, including role play, observations, presentations, posters, brochures, and written essay work.
- You may have the opportunity to work towards achieving Edexcel Work skills plus, NCFE award in exploring in Enterprise, Community Sports Leaders award, First Aid and Volunteering
- You may visit a variety of Public Service organisations, listen to talks by guest speakers from the industry and take part in residentials at Public Service establishments, as well as expedition weekends.
- You will be expected to join a gym and to take part in extra curriculum activities; Army Cadet Force, voluntary work or taking part in local sporting activities.
- At least five GCSEs a grade C or above, including English and Maths
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for courses involving work placement and will be required before going into employment
Successful completion of the course will enhance your chance of entry into a uniformed service but cannot guarantee entry as this is subject to you meeting separate entry requirements.
You can also use this course to progress on to an HND course, a Foundation Degree, or a bachelor's degree.
The course can also act as a stepping stone to a range of careers not necessarily related to the uniformed services but which require you to be educated to A Level-standard.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.