This is a vocational course which explores different areas of employment in the sports sector but focuses on sports science. It offers a solid foundation in the various aspects of sport, enabling you to develop the skills necessary for gaining employment in the sports sector or progressing into Higher Education.
The course consists of 18 units which explore a variety of different areas, including:
- sports coaching
- sports physiology and its application
- sports psychology and its application
- research methods and research project
- technical and tactical skills
- analysing sports performance and biomechanics
- sports nutrition
- injuries in sport and sports massage
- fitness testing and designing training programmes
- current issues in sport
The course is delivered in a vocational manner, with assessments ranging from written reports, portfolios, and posters to verbal assessments, presentations, and practical observations.
There are a range of trips and team-building activities included throughout this course and you will also have the opportunity to study towards additional awards.
As a student on a vocational course, we will encourage you to gain as many additional qualifications as possible in order to support your applications for Higher Education and employment in the sector.
- Five GCSEs at grade C or above, including English, Maths, and Science.
- Mature students will be considered based on their previous qualifications and/or relevant work experience.
Upon successful completion of the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma, you will have the equivalent of three A Levels, providing opportunities for progression into employment or onto a Higher Education course or another vocational qualification at Loughborough College or elsewhere.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.