This is a vocational course which explores different areas of employment in the sports sector. It offers a solid foundation in the various aspects of sport, enabling you to develop the skills necessary for gaining employment in the sports sector or progressing into Higher Education.
The course consists of 19 units which explore a variety of different areas, including:
- anatomy and physiology and physiology of fitness
- sports coaching and assessing risks
- practical sport and technical and tactical skills
- analysing sports performance
- fitness testing and designing training programmes
- injuries in sport and sports massage
- sports psychology
- sports nutrition
- sports business
- sports development and current issues in sport
The course is delivered in a vocational manner, with assessments ranging from written reports, portfolios, and posters to verbal assessments, presentations, and practical observations.
There are a range of trips and team-building activities included throughout this course and you will also have the opportunity to study towards additional awards. As a student on a vocational course, we will encourage you to gain as many additional qualifications as possible in order to support your applications for Higher Education and employment in the sector.
- Five GCSEs at grade C or above, including English and Maths.
- For entry onto the second year of the Extended Diploma from the Subsidiary Diploma, a Pass profile and Level 2 qualifications in English and Maths will be required.
- Mature students will be considered based on their previous qualifications and/or relevant work experience.
Upon successful completion of the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma, you will have the equivalent of three A Levels, providing opportunities for progression into employment or onto a Higher Education course or another vocational qualification at Loughborough College or elsewhere.
Company: MÃ¶lnlycke Health Care
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.
Find out more
at an Open Day
It's great to read about a college and what it has to offer but there's really no substitute for experiencing it at an Open Day.
At our Open Days, our expert staff are on hand to tell you about our courses and what careers they lead to.
They'll also guide you through our application process, explain the different kinds of support available, and talk to you about the huge variety of enrichment activities that you can be part of.
With opportunities to talk to our current students, as well as take part in tours of our campus and halls of residence, an Open Day really is the best way to get a feel for what it's like to be a Loughborough College student.