This work-related qualification is ideal for those interested in digital technology and multimedia. It will provide you with practical knowledge and experience, obtained by working through challenging briefs where you will explore up-to-the-minute technology. Throughout the course, you will develop an awareness of the multimedia industry, its professional practice, and its use of design skills.
During the course you will:
- increase your knowledge of the current trends in the interactive media industry
- produce and manipulate graphics using appropriate software
- plan and create a video sequence, developing camera, lighting, and editing skills
- manipulate graphics to create animation
- develop knowledge of, and practical skills in, photography and photographic practice
- develop skills in reading and analysing media texts
- develop skills in the production of two-dimensional graphic narratives
All units are assessed through coursework; there are no exams for this course.
- Gain experience using industry-standard software.
- There are opportunities to work for real client briefs.
- The course covers a wide range of media subjects.
- Five GCSEs at grade C or above, including English and Maths, or
- a BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate at Merit grade, with a satisfactory personal reference and GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above, or
- relevant work experience.
The BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Film and TV can be used to gain employment in the vast field of media, digital creativity, and communications. You can also apply to study a Higher National Diploma or degree programme.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.
Company: Leicester Animal Aid
Find out more
at an Open Day
It's great to read about a college and what it has to offer but there's really no substitute for experiencing it at an Open Day.
At our Open Days, our expert staff are on hand to tell you about our courses and what careers they lead to.
They'll also guide you through our application process, explain the different kinds of support available, and talk to you about the huge variety of enrichment activities that you can be part of.
With opportunities to talk to our current students, as well as take part in tours of our campus and halls of residence, an Open Day really is the best way to get a feel for what it's like to be a Loughborough College student.