This work-related qualification is ideal for those interested in digital technology and multimedia. It will provide you with practical knowledge and experience, obtained by working through challenging briefs where you will explore up-to-the-minute technology. Throughout the course, you will develop an awareness of the multimedia industry, its professional practice, and its use of film making skills. These skills will be underpinned with thorough research and theory as part of both the internal and external assessment process.
During the course you will:
- Get hands on experience with industry standard equipment and software such as DSLRs, Adobe CC and film making peripherals
- Increase your knowledge of the current trends in the digital creative media industry
- Plan and create various video sequences, developing cinematography skills I.E video advertisement, short narrative film, music video and documentary
- Develop skills in reading and analysing media texts
- Undertake specialist research into topical media issues
- Gain an understanding of working on client briefs and the wider impact of the media industry through 2 externally assessed units
- Gain experience using industry-standard software.
- The course covers a wide range of media subjects.
- Five GCSEs at grade 4/C or above, including English and Maths, or
- a BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate at Merit grade, with a satisfactory personal reference and GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above, or
- relevant work experience.
The BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Film and TV can be used to gain employment in the vast field of media, digital creativity, and communications. You can also apply to study a Higher National Diploma or degree programme.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.