If you’re considering a career in Childcare or Health and Social SCare, this course is the ideal introduction to the sector.
This qualification will develop your knowledge and awareness of the types of provision in the health, social care, and children’s and young people’s sectors. While it does not qualify you to work in the sector, it is a great first step and can help you to decide whether a career in care is right for you.
- Take part in work experience in either a childcare or health and social care setting
- Get opportunities to meet with employers and employees who work in the sector
- Attend regular tutorials to consider your own personal and professional development needs
- take part in work experience in either a childcare or health and social care setting
- get opportunities to meet with employers and employees who work in the sector
- attend regular tutorials to consider your own personal and professional development needs
- Four GCSEs at grade E/2 or above, including English and Maths,
- Evidence of commitment to learn,
- A clear DBS check (formerly CRB check),
- Evidence of a minimum 85% attendance.
Applicants aged 19+, with relevant experience but without formal qualifications, are encouraged to apply.
This qualification does not qualify you to work but can help you to decide whether a career in care is right for you.
Progression opportunties include the CACHE Level 2 Certifcate in Early Years Education and Care or the BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.
Company: Nurse Seekers
Location: Leamington Spa
Find out more
at an Open Day
It's great to read about a college and what it has to offer but there's really no substitute for experiencing it at an Open Day.
At our Open Days, our expert staff are on hand to tell you about our courses and what careers they lead to.
They'll also guide you through our application process, explain the different kinds of support available, and talk to you about the huge variety of enrichment activities that you can be part of.
With opportunities to talk to our current students, as well as take part in tours of our campus and halls of residence, an Open Day really is the best way to get a feel for what it's like to be a Loughborough College student.