The Diploma in Professional Marketing gives you the required knowledge, skills and understanding at management level to take a strategic approach to marketing planning. By understanding key marketing metrics and measurement techniques you will be able to interpret relevant insight and make informed strategic decisions.
This is a one year provision but you can start in September, January or April.
The CIM Diploma in Professional Marketing covers the following three modules:
- Marketing and Digital Strategy – Assessed by assignment (Sept 2020 – Dec 2020)
- Innovation in Marketing – Assessed by assignment (Dec 2020 – Mar 2021)
- Managing Brands – Assessed by assignment (Mar 2021 – June 2021)
Blended Learning – Online (voiced-over lectures, with interactive activities and quizzes) plus four seminar sessions per module (approx. 4 hours long on a Wednesday evening) these will be face to face sessions at Loughborough College or via distance/online delivery.
Each module can be achieved as a distinct, self-contained award which can be build up to attain the full diploma.
As part of the delivery of the CIM Professional Diploma in Marketing you will be taught by specialist marketers who have practical experience in the industry, business and commerce in the private and not-for-profit sectors. The syllabus has been updated recently to reflect the changing issues and practices within marketing and to reflect employers' views of marketing in today's business environment, making this an extremely relevant qualification.
The Awarding Body at The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) has commended Loughborough College for the excellent standard of results achieved for assessments submitted in the March 2013 assessments session for the Delivering Customer Value through Marketing unit of the CIM Professional Diploma in Marketing.
One or more of the following is required to gain entry onto this qualification:
- CIM Level 4 Certificate in Professional Marketing qualification
- Any relevant Level 4 qualification
- Foundation degree in Business with Marketing
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a recognised university / college, with at least one third of credits coming from marketing content (i.e. 120 credits in Bachelor’s degrees or 60 credits in Master’s degrees)
- Professional practice (suggested two/three years marketing in an operational/strategic role) plus diagnostic assessment onto Level 6.
In addition to Tuition fees, you will be required to register to become a CIM
pay for assessment bookings.
- £65 CIM Membership fee paid directly to CIM
- £190 Assessment fee (per module) paid directly to CIM
Having completed your CIM Professional Diploma in Marketing you will be able to take your qualification with you into employment.
This qualification gives you the knowledge, skills and understanding of the key operational responsibilities of the marketing manager, which is highly desirable in organisations.
Alongside this you can also progress onto the Level 7 qualification provided by the CIM, the Chartered Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.