Does the challenge of cooking the finest food in the fast-paced kitchen environment of a top restaurant appeal to you?
This programme aims to build on your existing competencies and develop a greater level of practical skills. You will have the opportunity to enter local, national, and international competitions, and may also take part in a three-week, European placement (subject to funding).
- Preparing and cooking stocks, soups, and sauces
- Preparing and cooking fruit and vegetables
- Preparing and cooking meat, poultry and fish
- Preparing and cooking grains, pasta and breads
- Preparing and cooking desserts
- Food safety in catering
- Healthier foods & special diets
Theoretical aspects will be assessed primarily through assignments and short-answer questions. Seven practical tests will take place throughout the programme, with the two main practical tests happening towards the end of the course.
This programme aims to build on your existing competencies and develop a greater level of practical skills. Special feaures include:
- opportunities for work placements in local and national hotels
- opportunities to enter local, national, and international competitions
- the chance to take part in a three-week, European placement (subject to funding)
Loughborough College students have won numerous awards in competitions for both team and individual performances including the UK and Welsh Culinary Championships, Country Range and Teflon Diamond Standard Awards.
- Two GCSEs at grade 4 or above, one being in English or Maths or
- an NVQ Level 1 Chef Diploma.
Upon completion of this course, you'll have the opportunity to progress on to a Level 3 Diploma in Professional Cookery, National Diploma Hospitality Supervision, or enter directly into employment.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.