If you aspire to work as a spa or salon manager and have already completed a beauty-related Level 2 qualification, this course is for you. The Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Body and Spa Therapies will provide you with a range of specialist practical skills and technical knowledge, equipping you to seek employment or further training within the beauty and spa therapy sectors.
You will carry out practical treatments in the College's salon and brand-new spa, working and having the opportunity to act as salon manager. The course will cover:
- anatomy and physiology
- providing facial electrotherapy treatments
- providing body electrotherapy treatments
- monitoring and maintaining the client's spa journey
- providing body massage
- promoting and selling products and services to clients
- providing dry spa treatments
- providing Indian head massage
To gain this qualification, you must successfully achieve the following assessments:
- one externally set, externally moderated assignment
- one externally set, externally marked test, sat under examination conditions
- optional unit assessments as required
Alongside opportunities to develop your practical skills, working in our brand-new, £750,000, commercial spa, this course provides you with:
- excellent links to well-known, local employers, such as Ragdale Hall, from whom we were awarded a College Certificate of Excellence, and Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel, with many past students working at both establishments
- fantastic progression rates - 85% of our Level 3 learners had found employment in the industry before the end of their course in 2015
- state-of-the-art training facilities, including four state-of-the-art beauty treatment rooms, a dedicated nail salon, a dry flotation room, and a relaxation area, containing a hot tub spa, sauna, and steam room
- A beauty-related Level 2 qualification, plus GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above.
Upon successful completion of this course, you could choose to progress on to a Level 4 programme of study or enter into employment in the beauty industry as a beauty therapist, technical representative, or spa/salon manager.
We work with local employers, including Ragdale Hall, Steiner, Hoar Cross Hall, and many other salons, who will contribute to the knowledge and delivery of your training.
Employers will provide demonstrations, talks on the industry, and, where possible, work placements. This practical training is ideal preparation for gaining employment in the beauty or spa therapy industries or specialist further study.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.
Find out more
at an Open Day
It's great to read about a college and what it has to offer but there's really no substitute for experiencing it at an Open Day.
At our Open Days, our expert staff are on hand to tell you about our courses and what careers they lead to.
They'll also guide you through our application process, explain the different kinds of support available, and talk to you about the huge variety of enrichment activities that you can be part of.
With opportunities to talk to our current students, as well as take part in tours of our campus and halls of residence, an Open Day really is the best way to get a feel for what it's like to be a Loughborough College student.