City and Guilds 2394 and 2395 are the two new testing and inspection electrical qualifications that replace and improve on the former 2391 qualification.
Both at Level 3, the 2394 qualification aims to train you in both the practical and theoretical aspects of initial verification and certification of installations, including three phase; whereas the 2395 qualification will train you the in principles, practices, and legislation for the periodic inspection, testing, and condition reporting of electrical installations.
- safe isolation of electrical circuits and installations
- requirements for initial verification of electrical installations
- requirements for completing the inspection of electrical installations prior to their being placed into service
- requirements for the safe testing and commissioning of electrical installations
- requirements for testing before circuits are energised
- requirements for testing energised installations
- requirements for the completion of electrical installation certificates and associated documentation
- safety of systems and equipment prior to completion of inspection, testing and commissioning
- inspection of electrical installations prior to them being placed into service
- commissioning electrotechnical systems and equipment
- requirements for inspecting and testing of existing electrical installations
- the completion of the Electrical Installation Condition Report and supporting documentation
- requirements for completing the periodic inspection of electrical installations
- the differences between periodic inspection and initial verification
- requirements for the safe testing of electrical installations which have been placed in service
- understanding and interpreting test results
- requirements for the completion of electrical installation condition reports and associated documentation
- how to confirm safety of system and equipment prior to completion of inspection, testing, and commissioning
- how to carry out inspection of electrical installations prior to them being placed into service
- how to test electrical installations prior to them being placed into service
- how to produce a condition report with recording observations and classifications
This course offers:
- access to the best workshops in the East Midlands
- expert, professional teaching staff
- high-quality training programmes
The 2394/2395 course package is intended for people already working in the electrical industry and who have existing knowledge of inspection and testing but need to complete the formal qualifications and refresh and/or upgrade their skills in initial verification, certification, periodic inspection, and testing of electrical installations.
These qualifications are currently required in order to gain your Joint Industry Board (JIB) grading as an approved electrician, so you can save time and money with a combined course.
To do this course you must have
- the 17th Edition of the IET Wiring Regulations,
- a Level 3 qualification in electrical installation,
- and relevant industrial experience.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.
Find out more
at an Open Day
It's great to read about a college and what it has to offer but there's really no substitute for experiencing it at an Open Day.
At our Open Days, our expert staff are on hand to tell you about our courses and what careers they lead to.
They'll also guide you through our application process, explain the different kinds of support available, and talk to you about the huge variety of enrichment activities that you can be part of.
With opportunities to talk to our current students, as well as take part in tours of our campus and halls of residence, an Open Day really is the best way to get a feel for what it's like to be a Loughborough College student.