The course covers:
- The theory of skeletal system, muscular system, cardio-respiratory systems, energy systems and components of fitness.
- Planning and teaching cardiovascular and resistance machines, free weight exercises and body weight training.
Throughout the year this course is delivered in a number of different ways to suit the needs of all individuals:
- Two weeks intensive course taught from Monday to Friday plus one weekend for assessment (this course also involves some home study)
- Weekend course taught over 4 alternate weekends plus assessment (this course also involves some home study)
- Distance learning plus workshop sessions / assessment (please note all distance learning students must speak to a tutor prior to enrolling on this course)
Over 18 with an interest in gym instruction.
On successful completion of the CYQ Gym Instructor course, graduates will hold an accredited qualification, allowing them to work in a variety of sporting environments throughout the country, or progress onto the CYQ Level 3 Personal Trainer Programme.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.
Other A Level Subjects often studied with Fitness Instructing (Gym-Based Exercise)
Find out more
at an Open Day
It's great to read about a college and what it has to offer but there's really no substitute for experiencing it at an Open Day.
At our Open Days, our expert staff are on hand to tell you about our courses and what careers they lead to.
They'll also guide you through our application process, explain the different kinds of support available, and talk to you about the huge variety of enrichment activities that you can be part of.
With opportunities to talk to our current students, as well as take part in tours of our campus and halls of residence, an Open Day really is the best way to get a feel for what it's like to be a Loughborough College student.