This one-year, part-time evening course is ideal for those wanting to take the first steps towards becoming an electrician whilst working. You will spend your time equally between the workshops and the classroom, learning both the practical side of electrical installation whilst also studying the technical content of the course.
There are no pre-requisites to joining this course; however, a moderate understanding of maths and basic science will be necessary. This programme of study is for one year, with two lessons per week and, upon completion, you will be awarded a full Level 2 qualification in electrical installation. From here you will be eligible to find work as an electrician's assistant/mate or progress on to the Level 3 qualification.
This Diploma covers health and safety, electrical installation theory and technology, electrical installation methods, procedures and requirements, and electrical installation craft skills, as well as electrical science and principles.
Throughout the qualification, you will have the opportunity to utilise the IET On-Site Guide and also be introduced to how regulations, including BS 7671, affect electrical installation. The qualification covers standard circuits as described in the On-Site Guide.
This course offers:
- access to the best workshops in the East Midlands
- expert, professional teaching staff
- high-quality training programmes
- opportunities for work placements, along with close working relationships with JTL and the AEMT
- There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification; however, learners must have the minimum levels of literacy and numeracy to comply with the health and safety aspects of the scheme, the completion of the learning outcomes, and the external assessment.
Upon completion of the Level 2 Diploma, students will be eligible for the EAL Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installation.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.