This exciting course provides individuals with the opportunity to develop valuable skills and to gain an understanding of the business practices employed within the tourism industry. Whether you aspire to work in the UK, abroad or both, this full-time programme aims to ensure that you receive the relevant training to start a successful career within the various divisions of this dynamic sector.
With the intention of developing you as a fully informed practitioner, this HND course seeks to enhance your managerial abilities and refine your interpersonal skills. This programme is ideal for those who are working towards a career within tour operations, attraction management, or airline services. Through a combination of theoretical study and practical work experience, you will have access to a range of module topics in areas such as:
• Global Sustainable Tourism
• The Contemporary Travel and Tourism Industry
• Global Tourism Destinations
Designed to emphasise the importance of employability, this course also offers you the opportunity to apply your industry knowledge to existing travel-related companies.
- The Contemporary Travel and Tourism Industry
- Managing Customer Experience
- Professional Identity and Practice
- The Travel and Tourism Business Tool Kit
- Leadership and Management for Service Industries
- Tour Operations Management
- Global Tourism Destinations
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
- Research Project
- Tourism Consumer Behaviour and Insight
- Strategic Destination Planning
- Global Events
- Global Sustainable Tourism Development
- Organisational Behaviour
- Pitching and Negotiation Skills
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.
Find out more
at an Open Day
It's great to read about a college and what it has to offer but there's really no substitute for experiencing it at an Open Day.
At our Open Days, our expert staff are on hand to tell you about our courses and what careers they lead to.
They'll also guide you through our application process, explain the different kinds of support available, and talk to you about the huge variety of enrichment activities that you can be part of.
With opportunities to talk to our current students, as well as take part in tours of our campus and halls of residence, an Open Day really is the best way to get a feel for what it's like to be a Loughborough College student.