Developed in collaboration with industry professionals, this two-year course
is designed for individuals who are interested in pursuing a career in public
services. This full-time course will prepare you for a diverse range of career
opportunities, including professions within the Armed Forces, Police, Fire,
Prison, and NHS Ambulance Services, as well as the Civil Service and
Crown Prosecution Service.
The HND in Public Services will provide you with a firm grounding in the key concepts of management and leadership. Comprising a range of modules, you will gain an understanding of the governmental, sociological and psychological aspects of a career in public services, and how they relate to professional practice. Providing the foundations for further study or employment, this HND offers you the opportunity to gain valuable knowledge and related skills through a combination of theoretical study and practical experience.
- Organisational structures and Culture
- Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Equality, Diversity and Fair Treatment
- Public Services in Contemporary Society
- Terrorism and Counter Terrorism
- Law and Legal Systems
- Responding to Emergencies
- Care and Custody
- Research Project
- Reflective Professional Practice
- International Institutions and Global Affairs
- Justice, Punishment and Rehabilitation
- Understanding and Leading Change
- International Policing
- Contemporary Sociological Issues
Minimum of 32 UCAS points
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.