This Apprenticeship trains you to cut and style the hair of men and boys. If you are interested in also working on female hair you should look at the Apprenticeship in Hairdressing.
On this Apprenticeship, you will cover:
- advising and consulting with clients
- shampooing, conditioning, and treating
- developing and maintaining effectiveness at work
- cutting men’s hair using basic techniques
- cutting facial hair to shape using basic techniques
- drying and finishing men’s hair
- creating basic outlines and detailing in hair
- Paid employment and on and off the job training
- The course content will give a basic underpinning knowledge of the main areas of work expected within a salon and a solid foundation on which to progress to management, teaching or assessing qualifications
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.
Find out more
at an Open Day
It's great to read about a college and what it has to offer but there's really no substitute for experiencing it at an Open Day.
At our Open Days, our expert staff are on hand to tell you about our courses and what careers they lead to.
They'll also guide you through our application process, explain the different kinds of support available, and talk to you about the huge variety of enrichment activities that you can be part of.
With opportunities to talk to our current students, as well as take part in tours of our campus and halls of residence, an Open Day really is the best way to get a feel for what it's like to be a Loughborough College student.