This qualification is designed to provide individuals with the skills and knowledge necessary to teach cardiovascular and resistance training in health and fitness clubs or leisure centres.
The course covers:
- The theory of bones and joints, muscles and muscle actions, cardio-respiratory systems, energy systems and components of fitness
- Planning and teaching cardiovascular and resistance machines, and free weight exercises.
A comprehensive theory and practical manual, as well as DVD's, are used to assist students with the course.
Assessment comes in the form of a multiple choice theory paper, written plans and practical observations.
Throughout the year this course is delivered in a number of different ways to suit the needs of all individuals:
- Two weeks intensive course plus assessment
- Alternate weekend course taught over 4 weekends plus assessment
- Distance learning plus workshop sessions / assessment (please note all distance learning students must speak to a tutor prior to enrolling on this course)
Over 18 with an interest in gym instruction.
On successful completion of the CYQ Gym Instructor course, students can progress onto the following programmes
- CYQ Level 3 Personal Trainer
- AIQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
- Nutritional Advice for Weight Management and Common Clinical Conditions
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.