This Diploma covers a variety of sport-related modules and offers opportunities to achieve a variety of additional, complementary qualifications in first aid and literacy and numeracy.
This GCSE-level course will prepare you for employment in the sports sector or for progression on to higher-level courses.
The course consists of a number of units, each worth 5 or 10 credits. These cover a wide variety of subjects, including:
- Fitness Testing
- Development for Fitness
- Practical Sport
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Effects of Exercise on the Body
- Planning and Leading Sport Activities
- Injury in Sport
- Psychology in Sport
There are a range of trips and team-building activities included throughout this course and you will also have the opportunity to trial for College Academy Sport teams.
- Four GCSEs at grade D or above, one being in English or Maths, or
- a Level 1 qualification, such as a BTEC Level 1 Diploma in Sport and Active Leisure, plus an ability to operate at Level 1 in either English or Maths.
- Mature students will be considered based on their previous qualifications and/or relevant work experience.
You will be able to progress onto a vocational Level 2 course (e.g. NVQ Level 2 in Activity Leadership or Level 2 Diploma in Teaching Exercise and Fitness), onto a Level 3 course (e.g. BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Sport), or into employment.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.