The Certificate in Financial Studies (CeFS) has been designed to provide students with the core disciplines of financial capability. It is at Level 3 and is equivalent to an A level in terms of UCAS points and level of difficulty. Students can progress onto higher level Financial Studies qualifications as well as on to standard university courses.
Learners are encouraged to become responsible borrowers, sensible savers, and have an appreciation of the need for financial planning throughout their life. Its purpose is to prepare students for further study through the development of the core skills of critical analysis and evaluation, synthesis, verbal communication (through classroom discussion) and written communication.
- Unit 1: Financial Capability for the Immediate and Short
Students will gain an understanding of why money is important through focussing on what money is and how it can affect life choices
- Unit 2: Financial Capability for the Medium and Long Term
Students will gain the ability to plan and manage their financial needs in the medium and long-term with particular reference to the importance of the need to budget for future aspirations and life events.
- Part A: 35 multiple choice questions in a 45 minute exam
- Part B: pre-release case study requiring essay responses to 5 questions in a 105 minute exam.
On this course, you will get the opportunity to experience the world of film production through project and portfolio work. Visits to film studios will also provide the opportunity to observe working processes in the film industry.
- GCSE English Language and Maths at grade 4
- All Loughborough Sixth Form College courses have minimum entry requirements of at least five GCSEs at grade C or above, including English Language and Maths.
This course provides a solid foundation to continue studying in this subject area in a range of Higher Education degree courses or an applied qualification, such as an HND. It also develops skills that can enable direct progression into employment.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.