An industry-recognised qualification that employers in schools, clubs and leisure facilities are looking for.
This course is designed to provide the necessary vocational experience and qualifications for those looking to enter employment within coaching and school PE. You will get an insight into working in the sport and leisure industry through real work experience with a range of ages and abilities.
- Level 2 1st4Sport Certificate in Supporting Learning in PE and School
- Level 3 1st4Sport Award in the Principles of Coaching
- Sports Leaders UK: Community
- Sports Leaders Award
- Industry Recognised Qualifications
- Functional Skills / GCSE (English & Maths)
- Real Work Experience
- Employability Skills
- Job Support
- Employability Portfolio
- Our students can access facilities at Loughborough University.
- Four GCSEs at grade D/3 or above, including English and Maths, or
- an NVQ Level 2 in Activity Leadership, including Functional Skills/GCSE English and Maths at C/4 or Level 2, or
- a BTEC/OCR Level 2 Diploma in Sport.
- Mature students will be considered based on their previous qualifications and/or relevant work experience.
You could progress on to:
- Level 3 Sport qualification
- Employment in the leisure industry, at a primary school, or in a sport club
- Coaches in School Apprenticeship (subject to successful application)
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.