This programme is designed to provide the necessary vocational experience and qualifications for those looking to enter employment. You will get an insight into working in the sport and leisure industry through real work experience with a range of ages and abilities.
The course will provide you with the industry-recognised qualifications that employers, in schools, clubs, and leisure facilities, are looking for, as well as the employability skills that separate you from the competition.
The two main qualifications on this programme are the Level 2 1st4Sport Certificate in Supporting Learning in PE and School Sport and the Level 3 1st4Sport Award in the Principles of Coaching.
Alongside these, you will complete the Sports Leaders UK Community Sports Leaders Award, with the opportunity to achieve the Higher Sports Leaders Award, as well as a variety of coaching and officiating badges, including Activator Awards and an NGB Level 1 badge. You will also cover first aid, safeguarding, and child protection.
- Industry Recognised Qualifications
- Functional Skills / GCSE (English & Maths)
- Real Work Experience
- Employability Skills
- Job Support
- Employability Portfolio
- Four GCSEs at grade C or above, including English and Maths, or
- an NVQ Level 2 in Activity Leadership, including Functional Skills/GCSE English and Maths, or
- a BTEC/OCR Level 2 Diploma in Sport.
You could progress on to:
- a BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Sport
- a BTEC Level 3 90-credit Diploma in Sport or Sport Science
- employment in the leisure industry, at a primary school, or in a sport club
- a Coaches in School Apprenticeship (subject to successful application)
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.