An industry-recognised qualification that employers in schools, clubs and leisure facilities are looking for.
This course is designed to provide the necessary vocational experience and qualifications for those looking to enter employment within coaching and school PE. You will get an insight into working in the sport and leisure industry through real work experience with a range of ages and abilities.
- Level 2 1st4Sport Certificate in Supporting Learning in PE and School
- Level 3 1st4Sport Award in the Principles of Coaching
- Sports Leaders UK: Community
- Sports Leaders Award
- Industry Recognised Qualifications
- Functional Skills / GCSE (English & Maths)
- Real Work Experience
- Employability Skills
- Job Support
- Employability Portfolio
- Our students can access facilities at Loughborough University.
- Four GCSEs at grade C/4 or above, including English and Maths, or
- an NVQ Level 2 in Activity Leadership, including Functional Skills/GCSE English and Maths at C/4 or Level 2 or
- a BTEC/OCR Level 2 Diploma in Sport.
- Mature students will be considered based on their previous qualifications and/or relevant work experience.
You could progress on to:
- a BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Sport
- a BTEC Level 3 90-credit Diploma in Sport or Sport Science
- employment in the leisure industry, at a primary school, or in a sport club
- a Coaches in School Apprenticeship (subject to successful application)
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.
Company: Spire Healthcare
Location: Little Aston
Find out more
at an Open Day
It's great to read about a college and what it has to offer but there's really no substitute for experiencing it at an Open Day.
At our Open Days, our expert staff are on hand to tell you about our courses and what careers they lead to.
They'll also guide you through our application process, explain the different kinds of support available, and talk to you about the huge variety of enrichment activities that you can be part of.
With opportunities to talk to our current students, as well as take part in tours of our campus and halls of residence, an Open Day really is the best way to get a feel for what it's like to be a Loughborough College student.