This course is designed to give
you a broad skills base in 2d, 3d, digital and photographic art forms,
developing and realising your creative ideas.
You will have access to multiple
studio spaces and industry standard photographic and digital technology.
Throughout your studies your work will be regularly exhibited and you will be
involved in planning, installing and running your own
Example modules covered.
- Art & Design in Context
- Exploring digital photography
- How artists and designers use 3d materials techniques and processes
- Understanding sculpture
- How artists and designers use 2d materials techniques and processes
- Fine art drawing
- Using digital technology in graphic design
- Digital image creation
- Realising an outcome for a specialist art or design brief
- Portrait photography
- Landscape photography
- Fine art printmaking
- Digital fine art
- Contemporary fine art
- Creating 3d art or design work
- Design for advertising
- Exhibiting and presenting artwork
- Art and design illustration
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent at Grade at 4 or above including English (and ideally Maths)
- Progression from Level 2 NQF internally will require successful completion at Merit standard and improvement in Maths &/or English
- Degree level study at university or Specialist Institution
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.
Find out more
at an Open Day
It's great to read about a college and what it has to offer but there's really no substitute for experiencing it at an Open Day.
At our Open Days, our expert staff are on hand to tell you about our courses and what careers they lead to.
They'll also guide you through our application process, explain the different kinds of support available, and talk to you about the huge variety of enrichment activities that you can be part of.
With opportunities to talk to our current students, as well as take part in tours of our campus and halls of residence, an Open Day really is the best way to get a feel for what it's like to be a Loughborough College student.