This is a practical course for candidates who have previously studied sports massage at Level 3 and wish to enhance their skills. You must have an interest in sport and a strong knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
Each three-hour session includes both the theory of massage techniques and practical anatomy, taught in an interesting and hands-on way, giving you the necessary understanding for advanced work on the body.
You will study
- advanced anatomy
- muscle, bone, and joint palpation
- injury management and prevention
- advanced sports massage techniques
- range of movement and flexibility
- passive and active stretching
- postural assessment
- special tests for ligaments and neural conditions
Uniform is a College polo shirt (£20), black tracksuit bottoms, and trainers. A useful course book is Hands on Sports Therapy by Keith Ward.
Our industry-standard facilities and close working relationship with Loughborough University provides plenty of excellent opportunities in terms of potential clients. Previous students have had the opportunity to work with Olympic and Paralympic athletes, elite clubs, and professional sports people.
- You must be at least 19 years of age.
- You will need to have completed the Level 3 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy or the Level 3 Diploma in the Prevention and Management of Sports Injuries.
Upon completion of this course, you may choose to progress on to the Level 5 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy or enter into employment as a mobile sports massage therapist or work with sports teams or in a clinic.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.