The Supply Chain Operator apprenticeship supports the progression and
development of your aspiring warehouse and logistics operatives. It can also
provide the opportunity to recruit new talent and inject fresh skills and
enterprise into your organisation. Apprentices will be trained within the
context of your organisation, meaning apprentices contribute to business
productivity, while developing their own skills and abilities to effectively
develop, maintain and improve administration services and support functions.
Our programme combines academic learning and on the–job practical training with a strong focus on workplace performance enabling apprentices to develop highly transferable set of knowledge, skills and behaviours to effectively support and engage with different parts of your organisation. This includes learning to interact with internal or external customers, focusing on adding value and contributing to the efficiency of your organisation through support of functional areas, working across teams and resolving issues as requested.
- Rated outstanding for apprenticeships in our June 2017 ofsted inspection
Who is this Apprenticeship for?
Supply Chain Operators are primarily responsible for managing the movement of goods for a variety of customers across all sectors, and as such their customer base will range from large global organisations to sole traders and private customers in local areas, depending on their organisation.
- How to communicate effectively with customers/colleagues (including those working remotely, third party carriers, agencies and other organisations) appropriately in line with situation and organisational style/culture
- Structure of the industry, the methods and modes of transport, the roles available within the sector in general and in relation to their own career aspirations
- Importance of delivering excellent customer service to customers and colleagues, including identifying customer/colleague needs and responding appropriately in line with situation and organisational style/ culture
- Take ownership and responsibility for their own safety and that of others at all times; do the right thing and report any issues or concerns to a relevant person
- Strive to achieve the best results in all they do; maintain a positive attitude and approach to their work even when priorities and working patterns change
- Embrace the use of relevant technology, systems and equipment – use it responsibly and take an interest in new developments that could support the organisation
Qualifications included in the Apprenticeship
- Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard in Supply Chain Operator
- Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if required)
- Regular formative reviews between employer, apprentice and the college
- Development of assignments demonstrating learning from their job role or work place
- Practical observation to assess the application of skills within the workplace
- Professional discussion to holistically assess Knowledge Skills and Behaviours across the standard and will be informed by reflective portfolio
- Written knowledge test
Apprentices with GCSE grades C/4 or above in English, Maths are exempt from Functional Skills. If Apprentices have grade D/3 GCSE or complete an initial BKSB Assessment at Level 1 they can complete Level Functional Skills as required alongside their Apprenticeship.
English & Maths
If an Apprentice has not already achieved Level 2 (GCSE C/4 or above) English
& Maths they must study for and achieve Functional Skills Level 2 English
This will be completed through a day release to attend Loughborough College.
Level 3 Team Leader/Supervisor
Level 3 Transport Planning Technician
Work based training and assessments to complement the skills that are learnt, developed and used within the workplace.
Day release to complete Functional Skills if required.
Average duration is 15 months which includes an End Point Assessment.
Levy payers pay 100% of training costs via Levy
Non Levy employers with 50+ staff or for an Apprentice aged 19+ - pay 5% of training costs
Non Levy Employers with less than 50 staff and an Apprentice aged 18 or younger, fully funded
Get in touch
Speak to one of our business development experts about how we can help you to grow your business.
Call: 01509 515461
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the information contained on this website is correct, the College accepts no liability for any errors or omissions. Please note that details are subject to change without notice with regard to the provision of courses, course times and dates and the fees and charges levied.