At Loughborough College we have a dedicated team staffed entirely by recruitment specialists to ensure you get the right applicants for your job vacancy.
Our team will work with you throughout the apprenticeship recruitment process and during the Apprentices training. We work with you to establish your business objectives and goals. We will put forward options enabling you to choose a plan that suits you. Our number one aim is to ensure the candidates we recruit will be a good fit for your company.
The six easy steps to recruiting an Apprentice for your business:
Face to Face Consultation with our Client Account Manager
- Your individual business needs will be discussed and our apprenticeship programmes introduced
- Based on your requirements, the Account Manager will advise a suitable programme for you and discuss its framework in detail
Creating a Job Description
- The Client Account Manager will work with you to write the job description for your vacancy as well as advising on HR issues including equal opportunities and contracts of employment
- This will help you to attract the highest calibre of applicants for your business
Advertising the Vacancy
- We will advertise the vacancy for you with the National Apprenticeship Service, Connexions, at Loughborough College and within our existing applicant pool or to current students where appropriate
- The advertisement will be live for two weeks
Short Listing Applicants
- On the closing date we will pre-screen the applications received using our matching service based on the criteria set out in the initial consultation
- We will then interview over the telephone those candidates who meet those criteria and they are selected for a face to face interview with us where they will be required to undertake key skills tests
- Only the best applicants will be passed on to you for a formal interview – this is normally around six candidates
- We will notify unsuccessful applicants and provide feedback where appropriate
- We will arrange a suitable time and date for you to formally interview the candidate(s) put forward
- We are able to assist with this process and sit in on interviews where desired
- Again, we will notify unsuccessful applicants
- We will inform the successful apprentice and arrange a start date to suit you
- We will complete all the necessary paperwork and inform you of the apprenticeship process moving forward
Once an Apprentice has been recruited we take great pride in the on-going support given to organisations and the Apprentices that we work with. It is important to us that both you as an organisation and Apprentices have a rewarding experience throughout the relationship.
Ofsted recently recognised our ethos and working practices by awarding us with a Grade 1 - Outstanding for Apprenticeships.