Loughborough College will strive to secure funding for apprentices from the National Apprenticeship Service on your behalf to support training, staff recruitment and the continuing staff development needs of your organisation.
The size of the contribution available for training apprentices varies depending on your sector and the age of the candidate:
|Age of Apprentice||Funding|
|16 to 18||Fully Government funded|
|19 to 24||Co-funded (up to 50%) by the Government.
Employer contribution £600 per Apprenticeship
|25+||Limited funding available|
This contribution is paid directly to Loughborough College as the training provider that supports the Apprenticeship should it be the best training solution for you. The government contribution means that any costs incurred by your business are kept to a minimum. Funding options will be discussed with you by one of our dedicated client account managers so that you know exactly what you will receive from us as a training provider and the commitment needed from your organisation.
- Apprenticeship Grant for Employers of 16 to 24 year olds (AGE 16 to 24)
The AGE 16 to 24 is aimed at helping eligible businesses, who would not otherwise be in a position to do so, to recruit individuals aged 16 to 24 through the Apprenticeship programme by providing a £1,500 grant.
- AGE 16 to 24 has already helped thousands of employers to grow their business by employing an apprentice. The revised AGE 16 to 24 came into place 1st January 2015. The £1,500 incentive is paid in one installment once the Apprentice has completed 13 weeks of their Apprenticeship.
To qualify for the grant, The Employer must…
- employ less than 50 employees
- be new to Apprenticeships or haven’t enrolled a new recruit or existing employee onto an Apprenticeship in the previous 12 months
- employ the apprentice for a minimum of 12 months or until they complete their apprenticeship
You can receive up to 5 grants in total, each one is worth £1,500. For more information, take a look at the Employer Factsheet.
Leicestershire HUB Grant
The Leicester Apprenticeship Grant for employers of 16 to 24 year-olds supports Leicester city residents to secure an apprenticeship job opportunity.
The eligibility criteria for this grant are the same as the AGE 16 to 24 with the addition of:
- employ less than 1000 employees
- the apprentice must be a Leicester city resident
- you must be a Leicestershire based business
The grant has a total value of £1500 dependent on the age of the apprentice. The full £1,500 will be available to employers recruiting an apprentice aged 16 to 18 and £1,000 to employers recruiting an apprentice aged 19 to 24. Employers will become eligible to receive the grant once the apprentice has completed 26 weeks of employment.
The grant can be applied for in addition to the existing Apprenticeship Grant for Employers (AGE 16 to 24) offered by the National Apprenticeship Service.
To find out if your business is eligible for the AGE 16 to 24 or the Leicester Apprenticeship Grant, or for further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact a member of the Apprenticeship Team on 01509 515461.