This apprenticeship is delivered predominantly within a classroom environment (either as day or block release) where the apprentice is able to access excellent resources to develop their practice. Assessments of competence are completed within the employer’s premises.
The delivery team are vocationally expert and are able to share their knowledge and experience of excellent practice.
The apprentice will be supported throughout the apprenticeship by a dedicated Instructor/Trainer. The Instructor/Trainer will liaise with the employer to ensure that the progress of the apprenticeship is maintained. In addition, the apprentice will utilise the support tools within the electronic mapping and tracking tool that the College utilises
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Using and interpreting engineering data and documentation
- Working efficiently and effectively in engineering
To tailor the Engineering Intermediate Apprenticeship to the requirements of your company you will chose one of the following six NVQ pathways:
- Fabrication and Welding
- Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering
- Engineering Maintenance and Installation
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Technical Support
- Engineering Tool Making
This programme includes fabrication and welding, manual welding techniques, thermal cutting techniques and understanding computer Aided Drawing (CAD)
This programme includes using and interpreting engineering data and operating CNC machines.
This programme includes carrying out fault diagnosing and maintenance activities on equipment.
This programme includes installation of electrical and electronic principals and assembly methods.
This programme includes working as a team member to develop, design and implement technical support systems.
This programme includes using a wide variety of machining, welding and hand finishing techniques.
To have already completed an Intermediate Apprenticeship or have 5 GCSEs including English, Maths and a Science related subject at grade C or above.
- Higher Apprenticeship in Space Engineering
- Higher National Certificate (HNC)
- Higher National Diploma (HND)
Job roles including:
- Mechanical Engineer
- Production Engineer
- Engineering Maintenance Technician
- Electrical Engineering Technician
- Quality Control Inspector
- Engineering Operative