You will help with the running of salons by shampooing, conditioning, drying, cutting and colouring hair. You will learn how to deal with customers, so good communication skills are important. Promotion opportunities exist to become a senior stylist or salon manager.
As a Level 3 Hairdressing Apprentice you will be working confidently within a salon where you can develop your skills to an advanced level.
Mandatory units include:
- Monitor Procedures to Safely Control Work Operations
- Promote Additional Services or Products to Customers
- Provide Hairdressing Consultation Services
- Creatively Cut Hair Using a Combination of Techniques
In addition you will select from a wide range of optional units to tailor the Apprenticeship to the requirements of your company, such as:
- Contributing to the Planning and Implementation of Promotional Activities
- Creatively Dressing Long Hair
- Colouring Hair Using a Variety of Techniques
- Carrying out Advanced Consultation Services to the Client
- Employment in a salon will be needed to study an Apprenticeship in Hairdressing - If you don't have an employer, you can apply for Apprenticeship vacancies via Apprenticeship Vacancies Online (AVOL).
You will also need either:
- Level 2 Hairdressing/Barbering qualification
- Minimum 5 GCSEs at grade C or above or equivalent, one being English or Maths
Job roles including:
- Salon Manager
- Senior Stylist