This Level 1 and 2 combined course will introduce financial record keeping and account preparation within the scope of double-entry bookkeeping and enable candidates to record financial transactions in both a manual and computerised, double-entry bookkeeping system. The course will also allow candidates to assess their understanding of the importance of maintaining accuracy, security and integrity in preforming any bookkeeping task.
- Principles of Recording and Processing Financial Transaction
- Professional Values and Basic Business Legislation
- Principles of VAT
- Banking Procedures
- Preparing and Recording Financial Documentation
- Maintaining Petty Cash Records
- Maintaining and Reconciling the Cash Book
- Maintaining the Journal
- Processing Ledger Transactions and Extracting a Trial Balance
- Maintain Control Accounts
There are no formal entry requirements for the IAB Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping. However, it is recommended that before commencing this course, the prospective learner will already have basic skills in numeracy and literacy and some understanding of basic bookkeeping practices and terminology. The successful completion of the IAB Level 1 Award in Bookkeeping would be ideal qualifications to allow progression to this programme.
Students could progress onto a full AAT qualification or an AAT or Business Administration Apprenticeship programme.