This apprenticeship is delivered initially within the College in one of the well-equipped workshops (usually on a day release basis) where the apprentice is able to access excellent resources to develop their practice. Assessments of competence are completed within the employer’s premises.
The delivery team are vocationally expert and are able to share their knowledge and experience of excellent practice. Further specialist training by external experts is incorporated into the delivery to ensure best practice.
The apprentice will be supported throughout the apprenticeship by a dedicated Instructor/Trainer. The Instructor/Trainer will liaise with the employer to ensure that the progress of the apprenticeship is maintained. In addition, the apprentice will utilise the support tools within the electronic mapping and tracking tool that the College utilises
- Certificate in Engineering (Level 2)
- NVQ Diploma in chosen pathway (Level 2)
- Functional Skills Maths (Level 1) (if required)
- Functional Skills English (Level 1) (if required)
- Functional Skills ICT (Level 1) (if required)
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Using and interpreting engineering data and documentation
- Working efficiently and effectively in engineering
To tailor the Engineering Intermediate Apprenticeship to the requirements of your company you will chose one of the following three NVQ pathways:
- Fabrication and Welding
- Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering
- Engineering Maintenance and Installation
This programme includes fabrication and welding, manual welding techniques, thermal cutting techniques and understanding computer Aided Drawing (CAD)
This programme includes using and interpreting engineering data and operating CNC machines.
This programme includes carrying out fault diagnosing and maintenance activities on equipment.
5 GCSEs including English, Maths and a Science related subject at grade C or above.
Job roles including:
- Production Engineer
- CNC Machinist
- Electrical Engineer
- Engineering Maintenance Technician
- Sheet Metal Worker