This course is for you if you are looking for an introduction to working in the hairdressing industry. You will work in a salon and come to College to develop your skills.
You will help with the running of salons by shampooing, conditioning, drying, cutting and colouring hair. You will learn how to deal with customers, so good communication skills are important. Promotion opportunities exist to become a senior stylist or salon manager.
- Diploma in Hairdressing (Level 2)
- Functional Skills Maths (Level 1)
- Functional Skills English (Level 1)
Mandatory units include:
- Ensure Responsibility for Actions to Reduce Risks to Health and Safety
- Give Customers a Positive Impression of Yourself and Your Organisation
- Advise and Consult with Clients
- Shampoo, Condition and Treat the Hair and Scalp
- Change Hair Colour
- Style and Finish Hair
- Set and Dress Hair
- Cut Hair Using Basic Techniques
In addition you will select from a wide range of optional units to tailor the Apprenticeship to the requirements of your company, such as:
- Minimum 4 GCSEs at grade D or above, one being English or Maths.
- Employment in a salon will be needed to study an apprenticeship in Hairdressing - If you don't have an employer, you can apply for Apprenticeship vacancies via Apprenticeship Vacancies Online (AVOL).
Job roles including:
- Junior Stylist