This apprenticeship is delivered initially within the College in one of the well-equipped salons (usually on a day release basis) where the apprentice is able to access excellent resources to develop their practice. Assessments of competence are completed within the employer’s premises and within the professional salons in College.
The delivery team are vocationally expert and are able to share their knowledge and experience of excellent practice. Further specialist training by external experts is incorporated into the delivery to ensure best practice.
The apprentice will be supported throughout the apprenticeship by a dedicated Instructor/Trainer. The Instructor/Trainer will liaise with the employer to ensure that the progress of the apprenticeship is maintained. In addition, the apprentice will utilise the support tools within the electronic mapping and tracking tool that the College utilises
The course will teach you both practical and theory in the workplace and college one day per week.
Subjects studied are:
- Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce the risk to health and safety
- Promote additional services or products to clients
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
- Provide facial skin care treatment
- Enhance the appearance of eyebrows and lashes
- Carry out waxing services
- Provide manicure services
- Provide pedicure services
- Provide make-up services
You will get experience whilst working and earning an income, and will acquire skills that are job specific. You will benefit through being fast tracked with an 8 week block prior to commencement with the employer, so that you will have practical skills prior to starting the apprenticeship. Our teaching staff will make sure that you have the right support to progress through the course. We will aim to ensure that the training fits personal requirements for both the learner and the employer.
There are no nationally agreed minimum entry or previous entry requirements for this framework.
Once the intermediate apprenticeship in Beauty Therapy is completed learners can go onto:
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Beauty Therapy
- Into employment as a junior beauty therapist or junior nail technician or other job roles within beauty related industries