The manner in which Loughborough College is governed is a matter of great importance, affecting the quality of the services it provides, public confidence in its activities, its financial security and the legality of its business.
The Corporation will conduct its business in accordance with English and relevant European law and within the Instrument and Articles of Government and the Education Act 2011.
The Governors of the College recognise the importance of clarity in identifying their role and responsibilities and in differentiating those from the roles and responsibilities of College management whilst, at the same time, recognising the key interactions between the two. To that end they identify that:
- Governors have a duty to ensure that managers perform effectively
- Management needs to ensure that Governors are aware of the issues on which Governor decisions or direction are required to enable effective management
- Governors need to have the means to audit their own performance
- Strategic Planning is an activity which needs to be shared by governors and management.
Public Value Statement
To achieve significant progress towards excellent performance for the benefit of all, by July 2016.
To achieve the vision we will have:
- Learners making positive career progression with good employability skills
- High levels of staff engagement, where staff take responsibility and are accountable
- Robust and sustainable finances
- A future proof College
We will provide truly inspiring experiences by engaging with our learners, staff, employers and all stakeholders through our entrepreneurial and agile approach, with clear accountability and integrity in everything that we do.
Where we anticipate working
We will provide Education and Training encompassing
- Further Education – from Foundation Level through to Level 3
- Higher Education – Foundation and Honours degrees, Higher National and Professional programmes
- Apprenticeship Training and support
- Bespoke programmes for private and public organisations
- International markets; where we have the skills and capabilities to cater for the needs of international learners and businesses, not only in the UK but also abroad
- Pre 16 education usually in partnership with other institutions Partnership with other organisations that share our vision and values for education and training
We will also deliver a commercial range of ancillary services that complement and support our education and training provision.