Are you 16-24 and living in LE11 or LE12? Do you need financial support to access Education and/or training? If so then the LET may be able to help!
INTRODUCTION TO LET
- Formed by Leicestershire County Council following the sale of the Sainsbury’s site in the mid 1980s
- Purpose of the trust is to provide support to local people aged 16-24 who are in financial need, with funding towards education and training
- Transferred to Loughborough College when the Charity was registered in June 2007
- Board of Trustees are set by Loughborough College Governors (4 Governor nominated & 3 external co-opted)
- Report to Loughborough College Board of Governors
- Loughborough College are custodians of the Charity funds
LET ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Aged 16-24
- Live in LE11 or LE12 post code OR be affiliated with Loughborough College via course enrolment
- Require financial support in order to be able to access education and/or training
HOW CAN LET HELP?
If you are eligible then the LET could able to supply funding for:
- Travel and transport to school/college/training provider
- Books and resources
- Work equipment or uniform
- Costs towards educational trips
- Funds towards additional qualifications (First aid, health & safety) to boost employability
- Costs towards clothes for interviews and/or travel to interviews or university open days
PRIOR AWARD EXAMPLES
Two previous Loughborough College students who became NEET were awarded funds to enable them to travel to and from a bespoke 10 week short course in Leicester to enhance their employability.
Group of students were awarded funds to enable them to participate in an educational trip in 2018.
A college student, defined as vulnerable, lost their glasses – LET fully funded a replacement pair.
A student at risk of dropping out of their course because their family could not afford to pay for an essential course trip, or the kit required to attend, was awarded funding.
HOW TO APPLY
- Download the Application form
- Complete and return, to the Secretary of the Trust at the following address;
Loughborough Educational Trust
Download Group Application
Download Individual Application
C/O Loughborough College
If you are struggling to access or download an application form, or require it in an alternative format, then please contact the trust at email@example.com and someone will be in contact to look at options.
- Please note that the information on this application will be shared with LET trustees, in order to enable them to assess your eligibility for an award. All applications will be securely disposed of by LET trustees once they have completed their assessment.