You will learn to problem solve in a logical and analytical way with the ability to work on your own initiative.
Initial duties will include
- Telephoning & emailing customers to confirm orders,
- Updating and maintaining our internal database system.
- You will have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with clients.
- As your skills develop, you will learn to plan driver and vehicle routes.
- You will liaise with drivers, and learn to analyse tachograph records.
- You will be involved in fleet management, and will gain an understanding of Road Haulage in the UK.
- You will learn the UK postcode network, until postcodes become second nature to you.
You should already have good computer skills including Microsoft office packages and be self motivated.
This is a full time position within a small team; therefore reliability and a strong work ethic are essential.
The right candidate can expect to be supported throughout their apprenticeship with appropriate training and mentoring,
Requirements and prospects
- Good computer skills including Microsoft office packages and be self motivated.