If you enjoy testing and analysing things, this job could be perfect for you.
Manufacturers of corrugated packaging,sheet board and boxes, which is supplied palletised to our customers. Our products are used within many industries including the retail business. We manufacture our products onsite in Bardon in Coalville, Preston and Larkhall.
We are an environmentally friendly company, all our corrugated board is 100% recyclable and 100% biodegradable and is made from 90% recycled or recovered paper.
Due to continued success and growth, we now have an opening for a Laboratory Technician Apprentice to work from our largest site within our technical team.
Duties to include:
- Conducting a significant volume of laboratory testing on the sheetboard and cases produced throughout the group for the benefit of enhancing the internal database
- Assessing and analysing data gathered to ascertain trends or patterns within the results
- Reporting on and interpretation of the data gathered for the benefit of internal improvements
- Maintain up to date product technical information
- Support customers with technical product enquiries
- Carry out laboratory testing for customers
- Deal with quality issues raised by customers through testing board and interpreting results in order to determine cause of failure or issue
- Update product technical information
- Assist with sample making using our CAD table and software
- Manage the CAPE software system and technical data
The starting salary will be £175 per week,however this will rise after successful completion of 6 month probationary period
Requirements and prospects