Job holders in this unit group plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the activities and resources of hairdressing salons, beauty treatment and similar establishments.
Current Entry Requirements
No formal qualifications are required for entry although entrants usually possess a BTEC/SQA award, an NVQ/SVQ in Hairdressing at Level 3, an apprenticeship and/or relevant experience.
Typical education level:Level 1-3
- Determines staffing, financial, material and other short- and long-term needs.
- Controls the allocation, training and remuneration of staff.
- Provides clients with information and advice on styles and treatments, and resolves any complaints or problems.
- Ensures clients' records are maintained.
- Undertakes and/or directs hair treatments and/or beauty therapy.
- Checks and maintains any equipment, and ensures that all safety requirements are met.
- Demonstrates, advises on and sells hair and/or beauty products.
- Ensures financial accounts for the business are maintained.
related to this Career
- City & Guilds Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in HairdressingFTLevel 31 Year
- Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3) in HairdressingFTLevel 318 - 24 Months
- City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Women's HairdressingFTLevel 21 Year
- City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Beauty TherapyFTLevel 21 Year
- Subject AreaApprenticeships
- Subject AreaBeauty Therapy
- Subject AreaHairdressing
- Subject AreaVocational