Further education teaching professionals supervise and teach trade, technical, commercial, adult education, secondary and post-secondary courses to students beyond minimum school leaving age.
Current Entry Requirements
Further education lecturers normally require a professional or academic qualification in the subject area they intend to teach, relevant professional, industrial or business experience and an appropriate teaching qualification.
Typical education level:Level 7-8
- Prepares, delivers and directs lectures, seminars and tutorials.
- Prepares, administers and marks examinations, essays and other assignments.
- Arranges instructional visits and periods of employment experience for students.
- Assists with the administration of teaching and the arranging of timetables.
- Liaises with other professional and commercial organisations to review course content.
related to this Career
- A Level in English LanguageFTPTLevel 31 Year
- A Level in English LiteratureFTPTLevel 31 Year
- Diploma in Education and TrainingPTLevel 52 Years
- Level 3 Award in Education and TrainingPTLevel 316 - 20 Weeks
- Subject AreaA Levels
- Subject AreaAS and A2 Levels
- Subject AreaEnglish
- Subject AreaHigher Education
- Subject AreaTeacher Training
- Subject AreaVocational