Building and civil engineering technicians perform a variety of technical support functions to assist civil and building engineers.
Current Entry Requirements
Entrants usually possess a relevant BTEC/SQA award or an Advanced GNVQ/GSVQ Level III. The status of engineering technician is obtained after a period of further training at work and upon gaining the membership of a professional engineering institution.
Typical education level:Level 1-3
- Sets up apparatus and equipment and undertakes field and laboratory tests of soil and work materials.
- Performs calculations and collects, records and interprets data.
- Sets out construction site, supervises excavations and marks out position of building work to be undertaken.
- Inspects construction materials and supervises work of contractors to ensure compliance with specifications and arranges remedial work as necessary.
related to this Career
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in EngineeringFTLevel 32 Years
- Level 1 in Engineering and Electrical InstallationFTLevel 11 Year
- BA (Hons) in Sport Management (Blended Learning)FTLevel 63 Years
- Subject AreaElectrical Installation
- Subject AreaEngineering
- Subject AreaFoundation Learning
- Subject AreaHigher Education
- Subject AreaSport
- Subject AreaVocational